IFS Applications Review

It is based on industry standards that are using a multi-tier deployment model.

What is most valuable?

IFS Applications is based on industry standards that are using a multi-tier deployment model. This makes it much easier to integrate IFS Applications with other enterprise software packages.

The user interface of IFS applications is easy to learn and move around. The interface is based on the latest technology and offers many features for filtering, searching and navigating.

IFS Applications is based on open architecture. It uses component-based service-oriented architecture (SOA) built on open standards. The application’s component-based architecture has allowed us to develop in-house and tailor the system to suit our needs.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduces the need for customization and can easily be modified by our developers.

With IFS Applications, we have a solution that can be tailored to match the demands of our projects.

We have been using this product for 12 years.

We have never had any scalability issues.

For extreme scalability and reliability, IFS supports deployment models ranging
from small servers to large, high-performance database servers with multiple applications servers running in parallel.

I rate the level of customer service a good 8/10.

I rate the level of technical support a good 6/10.

We did not use a different solution before purchasing this one.

The initial setup or implementation was a little more complex than I expected. We purchased a pre-configured version.

This software is sold under a user-based pricing model. This includes access to all the modules of the system, which you can turn on or off for each user based on security.

If you only need a limited amount of functionally now and in the future, buying a module-based system will usually save you money. However, module-based pricing will limit the scalability of your ERP system. For many companies, user-based pricing is often a better value and a better investment – you get more for your money and room to grow.

Before choosing, we evaluated the other options.

What other advice do I have?

IFS Applications contains a number of features including financials, CRM, quality management, human resources, document management, business intelligence and more...

Using pre-packaged process solutions, IFS maps your business processes to functionality that already exists within IFS Applications. By only using the best functionality from IFS Applications, you get a comprehensive off-the-shelf solution with fewer modifications.