Igloo Review

The most valuable feature is the ability to create team spaces. Many users have requested a live-edit option for documents.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature has to be the ability to create team spaces where team members can interact with each other and with the content stored on Igloo. This includes making comments like on a blog.

Another useful aspect is the access of settings. One can invite different people to participate in project planning to be a part of the company intranet, but only provide access to information that is relevant for them.

Igloo also has a good calendar and to-do list functions, where individuals can either assign or be assigned tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

With many team members all around the world in different time zones, we found that working together in a structured space, rather than over email, was less chaotic. We also found that the information was better documented and organized in Igloo.

To be specific:

Many users have requested that Igloo implement a live-edit option for documents, such as Google Docs. This would improve the product because for now one has the option to reserve a document, edit it, and then upload an updated version meaning other team members have to wait for one person to be done before adding their contribution. If there were such a feature it would allow for more immediate direct collaboration between members of the community. However, Igloo keeps track of previous versions of the document so this feature is useful as well to see how collaboration progresses between team members.

What needs improvement?

Many users have requested that Igloo implement a live-edit option for documents. This would improve the product because, for now, one has the option to reserve a document, edit it, and then upload an updated version.

But if there were such a feature, such as in Google Docs, it would allow for better collaboration between members of the community.

I have used this since May, 2015.

If stability means whether the product was always consistent, then my company has had no issues with stability. Whenever company members needed to access the intranet, it was always readily available.

We found it straightforward to expand the intranet as we found the need. However, we had difficulties getting everyone to work with the online software so as to get the best out of it. We now consider Igloo an ideal place for administrative purposes and for the administrative team.

We had one hour of training by an Igloo technical support individual. The training was extremely useful. We had some technical issues, but often found solutions or received solutions through the Igloo Help Center.

Igloo is very user-friendly. We initially set up the space and then used the one-hour training to fix any glitches encountered.

Perhaps before upgrading to a paid version, it would be useful to make your members take a survey of whether or not they would use a tool like this. This was our main issue.

We chose Igloo out of three possible options. Igloo was the cheapest and had the best set of functions useful for our purposes. We considered Trello and another one, but I do not remember the name.

What other advice do I have?

Once again, doing a survey with your team members to get an idea of their thoughts is extremely important.

Igloo has a free version and offers demos, and we strongly recommend doing this. Perhaps requesting demos of several online project management solutions would be the best case scenario. This helps one figure out which would be the best for the individual needs of their team and the experience creates a better informed survey.