iGrafx Review

Great BPMN feature; has greatly assisted the company in implementing procedural improvements

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for charting the processes in relation to the ISO 9000 standard, as far as the process goes. I try to use it as extensively as I can. If I see that a process flow chart is appropriate for any documentation, I try to use that instead of writing a procedure. We are customers of iGrafx and I'm a quality manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our organization because instead of writing long documentation for the shop floor, flow charts make it more attractive for the staff to follow up on and carry out procedures. It's easier to explain things to the people on the floor.

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature for me is the BPMN. I'm using flow charts as BPMN, so that's the basis of my use.

What needs improvement?

If the price of the solution was more competitive, it would have made things easier for our company to extend the usage. Because we are mostly Microsoft-oriented, there are people more inclined towards Visio than iGrafx.

I'd like to see additional features such as a multi-language option which is currently only possible if you publish in Java. I'm publishing in HTML and it's not possible to use multi-language. The same applies concerning the ability to increase and decrease size which would provide extra functionality when publishing. If you're not in the cloud and you're a single user, these things would make a difference.

I've been using this product for 10 years.

It's a stable solution, I haven't had any crashes.

I think the solution is quite scalable although I'm the only one publishing in the company. As a web page, there are many in the company referring to these flow charts.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I carried out a comparison with Visio at the time we were looking to implement a solution. Back then, Visio was not as developed so we went with iGrafx and have continued with that.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using this as a cloud-based solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More iGrafx reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Visio
Find out what your peers are saying about iGrafx, Microsoft, Software AG and others in Business Process Design. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.