iGrafx Review

It can integrate all the process maps through intelligent arrow name management. Has some minor issues where the arrow naming does inherit the right naming when creating a break down chart.

Valuable Features

The IDEF0 add-on solution truly integrates all the process maps through intelligent arrow name management.

Improvements to My Organization

This is the first process mapping tool that, through its clever design and user-friendliness, allowed me to run on-line workshops, mapping directly onto the screen (using a projector to show my screen). That happened without the client becoming impatient due to a slow/incompetent “mouse driver” in front of the mapping screen.

Room for Improvement

There are some minor issues where the arrow naming does inherit the right naming when creating a break down chart.

Use of Solution

I have used iGrafx in the various versions since 2000.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

The most recent versions, since 2011, have been very stable. Although, I am always very “trigger-happy” using CTRL+S, but this is just a precaution.

The customer service has always been top notch. If there are any issues that the local vendor could not answer, they forwarded it to the English technical department who are always very responsive.

8/10.

I was formerly in a global consulting company and they were using a tool called IDEF Designer. However, that was too expensive to deploy to 3000 process improvement consultants.

The initial setup was of course more complex that it is today. That was primarily due to the fact that iGrafx did not, at the time when I was in the global consulting company , provide an IDEF0 module. However, they proposed to develop it for us, and I was then focal in specifying the IDEF0 module functionality.

Implementation Team

The above cooperation was through the Danish vendor. They provided a high level of expertise.

ROI

That is difficult to say as I/we have used it many times over the years within different consulting projects.

Other Solutions Considered

In the large consulting company we ran a tender process, including major vendors.

Other Advice

This is a tool that covers the low end (e.g. Visio) to high end (e.g. Aris), although it's much less user friendly. Furthermore, the tool can grow with your organisation maturity, meaning that you don’t need a big set up now where you basically can’t handle it.

1 visitor found this review helpful