IIS Review

A stable, somewhat scalable solution that needs lots of training when elements are upgraded

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a publishing website.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the easiest way to publish applications which have been designed by older development tools.

What needs improvement?

Different parameters in this product can be a bit difficult. As soon as you introduce something new, and especially in the Microsoft environment, you always need to do new training sessions to understand what are new functionalities are. Finding the correct options are not more intuitive, and it should be.

I've been using the solution pretty much since it was first released.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability depends on how you have set it up. If you're running IIS on a single server, it might not be as capable as if you are on many in a cluster or with load balancing and so on.

We don't a contact for technical support, so I mostly have to cross my fingers and hope that nothing goes wrong.

I wasn't around for the initial setup, but I can say that we started fairly simple, and it's grown more and more complex as time has gone on.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

The solution is stable, it is working, and you can do a lot with this, but it is not my favorite product. I would prefer to use something that was open-source instead. I would rate it seven out of ten.