Illumio Adaptive Security Platform Review

Helps with micro-segmentation and simplifies firewall policy implementation

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Illumio is micro-segmentation.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to understand internal network visibility and firewall policy implementation. We use the product to simplify firewall policy implementation.

What is most valuable?

Application Dependency Map.

What needs improvement?

No. The product has great future-proof vision. The additional features are being added throughout the period to cater different scenarios.

It's stable. It would utilize native firewall as enforcement point, which avoid the potential issue on agent turn-off.

The scalability of the product is good. It supports super-cluster setup for global cluster even.

The Illumio ASP technical support is also good.

Our initial setup was straightforward and the initial deployment completed within a week.

In general, security products are defined as insurance or defense wall - relatively passive. Illumio does more than general security product, it provides East-West traffic flow visibility and auditorial log which benefits on daily operation and periodical auditing. The ROI is higher than expected.

The cost is fair and depends on number of workloads. The scale could be from small to large. This is extremely flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten.