Imperva Incapsula Review

Easy to configure, simple to set up, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution as a WAF. Beyond that, I can't divulge too much information about the details surrounding how we use the solution as part of a confidentiality agreement we're under with clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is that it is easy to configure.

The solution keeps itself up to date itself and there's no customization that we need to do. It makes it extremely easy and cut back on the amount of work required, and saves us on man-hours.

The initial setup is fairly easy.

What needs improvement?

The log analytics interface within Incapsula isn't really good. For example, if you have to get all logs from there, it's a very cumbersome process.

The solution doesn't seem to come with any other additional features. There are other products in the market today that give you an overall network perimeter protection. Incapsula is good for what it is, but it can expand its horizon a lot if it decides to include more network perimeter protection features and capabilities. It needs items, for example, at endpoints and some sort of firewall that can work at multiple levels. Items of that nature will really bump up the security and make it a much better product.

We've been using the solution for a while now. It's been about three or four years at least.

The solution is fairly stable. I don't think we've had to deal with crashes of the system. There aren't bugs and glitches. We find it to be reliable.

We haven't had any issues with the scalability the solution provides. If a company needs to scale this product they can do so pretty easily.

I've never contacted technical support, and I'm unsure if anyone on my team has, either. I wouldn't be able to speak to the quality of service they provide.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was pretty straightforward.

The deployment of the solution, which included the design phase of the process, took a few months to complete.

We have our own in-house team that handles any maintenance that needs to happen on an ongoing basis.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company at this time. We use the product ourselves. We aren't resellers or integrators.

I'd advise other companies, based on the scale of the organization and complexity, that if one has to choose a product, a company cannot choose a product from someone else's say so. It would depend on how complex their network design is. If it's fairly simple, then there's only one thing they need there. Multiple layers mean that this solution may not be the right product. A company has to do the research to find out if there are other products that are offering more of what they want, according to their unique requirements.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If the solution was a bit more complete, and offered, for example, perimeter protection, I would give it higher marks.

More Imperva Incapsula reviews from users