Imperva Incapsula Review

We've had no compromises to our website and services from potential threats, hackers, etc. as the Web Application firewall has been effective.

What is most valuable?

The Web Application firewall is a valuable feature as the security features are mostly what we're interested in.

How has it helped my organization?

We hope that the product helps protect us from potential threats, hackers etc. that compromise our website and services. We want peace of mind. The fact that nothing has occurred is a good thing.

What needs improvement?

We’ve had a few, short outages that didn't have an impact on the business. One outage lasted a couple of hours, so the reliability could be improved.

At times, we can prove the service is not running, but technical support doesn’t reflect that fact. We appreciate that nothing is 100% reliable, but we'd appreciate more information during an outage and not after the fact.

Also, reporting could be improved. We shouldn’t have to look on Twitter to see if others are experiencing a similar issue. Greater transparency is needed when there is an issue.

I've used it for about two years.

No issues at all.

We have had a few outages.

No issues on that front as we haven’t needed to scale it.

Average to poor.

Average to poor.

Yes, we used Barracuda. The product was not difficult to configure but it didn’t work well. There was high latency in the product.

It was straightforward.

Cost is OK. It’s more expensive than CloudFlare and Amazon but it’s got better features. We are happy with the price, its just the information and reliability, otherwise we would be happy to give a glowing recommendation.

We looked at CloudFlare, but they don’t offer the same security features. Incapsula was selected because of the uniqueness of the security features.

What other advice do I have?

I think it’s a leading product, a market leader; that’s how it feels to us. But I don’t think it would be a good product if i'ts mission critical. You'd need to proceed with a certain amount of caution because we haven’t had 100% uptime.