Imperva Incapsula Review

It solves the issue of not being able to install an on-premise WAF solution or other security device.

What is most valuable?

• Web security
  • Protection against DDoS
  • Easy to use administration portal
  • Reports
  • It’s simple to configure
  • Very effective
  • Easy solution to administer for protecting websites of all sizes

How has it helped my organization?

Any website that we publish on the web needs to be fully protected. In hosting environments, installing an on-premise WAF solution or other security device is not feasible. Incapsula provides a very simple to install and configure solution, that can be up and running in minutes. Also, now, we don’t have to worry about the security of the website, or if the bandwidth needs to be increased, as everything is automatic.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have a mobile app as a dashboard interface instead of the web administration, but the service is really great. The product is the best at what it does.

I've used it for three years.

Once the DNS configuration is done, everything works flawlessly.

No issues encountered.

No - in a large scale attack, the protection scaled without problem.

Service is good and prompt, 9/10.

I haven’t had much need for tech support.

We previously used Cloudflare. Although a very good solution, it forces users to completely give up the DNS management of their domain, which most enterprises don’t want to do. Incapsula only needs a redirection of the actual web entry.

Very straightforward. The default settings work very well and are running within minutes. Configuration of advanced features is simple and fast.

Through our own in-house team.

It’s difficult to measure, but without Incapsula, we would be forced to host the website on-premises, with very high costs. ROI is probably within six months.

Setup cost was zero. Annual cost is $7,200.

We evaluated Cloudflare as well.

What other advice do I have?

This is very simple to install. Websites that use SSL should pre-export their certificates and be ready to import them into Incapsula.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a Partner of Imperva, who recently acquired Incapsula, although Incapsula is handled completely independently, and we have no relationship to it.
1 Comment
author avatarUser

The product works great. It would be nice if there is a TLS 1.2 only range due to the new PCI requirements.