Impincaplogo

Imperva Incapsula Review
I like the content monitoring feature which I haven't seen in other WAF solutions.

Valuable Features:

Content monitoring is a marvelous feature that I haven't seen in other Web Application Firewalls. It also has a good content filter. We do a lot of penetration testing on our servers, and the Imperva standalone solution for identifying a payload and its signature by deep analysis was very good.

Improvements to My Organization:

We never used to know about threat and attack signatures. By using Imperva WAF, we could identify our weak points where an attacker was trying to gain access.

Room for Improvement:

They could improve by minimizing false positive results. Although this occurs less with Imperva, we would like to see some further improvements.

We have been using this product for last 1 years, it's result is very impressive. But due to the excessive load on the Web site where thousands of requests‎ are generated from legitimate users, however the request in which any sequential or specialised characters are requested would be directly blocked by impreva . Currently imperva blocks the special character request generated from the user, as I conduct a test where I am parsing the encoded html values of the same special characters to the input field, imperva bypasses these encoded values for example : ' i.e. %27 or / i.e %2F, the WAF bypasses these encoded characters.  I hope that this device should have a capability to detect the pattern which is associated with Xss or Xsrf, rather then by not blocking the request which contains any special characters.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for one year.

Stability Issues:

‎We did not encounter any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We never encountered any scalability issues.

We were impressed with the technical support.

Previous Solutions:

We have examined different vendor WAF solutions but this solution was unique.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

Pricing was a little higher but when compared to performance; it's very cheap.

Other Solutions Considered:

‎We evaluated Akamai and F5.

Other Advice:

Imperva Incapsula WAF is an awesome solution for implementing a WAF with good support and reliable hardware performance.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Imperva Incapsula?

Our experts can help. 222,390 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.