Imperva Incapsula Review

The anti-DDoS protection has distributed nodes around the world.

What is most valuable?

Infrastructure protection (anti-DDoS): Imperva anti-DDoS protection has the well-known value of having lots of distributed nodes around the world, making it the best value for DDoS protection. They also include protection against almost all known DDoS attack methods.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has given us DDoS protection.

What needs improvement?

The management interface needs improving. Even with a recent version of the interface, you cannot do all the changes that you would like. As an example, if you want to change one of your protected public IP addresses, you need to request this from support, and it takes a long time.

I have used it for 10 months.

There were stability issues. One node went down and we completely lost the connectivity of our public IP addresses.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

We rate technical support as really bad. It took one month to solve an issue with one node and give us an alternative solution. Apart from the management interface, support service has to improve their response times (based on our experience with them).

We did not previously use any other solutions.

Initial setup was simple, except for the GRE tunnel issues and MTU tuning.

We think that this product is fairly priced considering other products.

We evaluated Arbor Networks.

What other advice do I have?

Check the SLAs carefully.