Imperva Incapsula Review

Gives us the ability to differentiate between a positive and a false-positive intruder action

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to define wherever there was illicit traffic between our webs, and improved the control we achieved.

What is most valuable?

The ability to trace each connection, and to have logs to be able to differentiate between a positive and a false-positive intruder action.

It is handy to retrieve and download the logs to line up separate actions to identify possible intruder behaviour.

What needs improvement?

At that moment, I miss being able to integrate the dashboard with other BI tools we are using. We have to export and import data to be able to present it, and doing so is a lot of work.

Not at all.

It was a bit pointless to know how many sites were offline every time a spot in the world decided to do maintenance, but we like it as we can handle worldwide issues, knowing what is going on there.

No issues at all, it fulfills our expectations in terms of scalability.

Great.

We had used many local, and some cloud-based solutions (like Azure, Advanced Nagios, Centreon). We switched for the scalability of the solution, the reporting features it has, as well as the availability to fine tune the solution.

It was straightforward, but we had to fine tune it.

The initial setup blocked some cookies and data from our scrapers which, they said, they never received from us. We investigated and found the WAF was blocking them. It was a lot of work.

It's worth it. It's a fine solution for medium/big companies worried about attacks that happen in the wild.

Centreon and Azure.

What other advice do I have?

My best advice could be, if you don't have the staff to carry out security in a proper way, have a tool do it, but use a specialized tool like this one, and don't re-invent the wheel.

Also, in our case, we soon realized that we needed an expert to fine tune it and to obtain all the features we wanted.

More Imperva Incapsula reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Imperva Incapsula. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.