Imperva Incapsula Review

We are able to bring a new website live within minutes, without false positive alerts

How has it helped my organization?

There is no need to have an in-house WAF to manage and maintain. We are now able to bring a new website live within minutes, without false positive alerts. It has Improved user/customer experience and website performance.

What is most valuable?

IncapRules is one of the most valuable features, as you can create your own security and access control rules on top of your security policy. Using IncapRules we were able to easily block Layer 7 DDoS attacks several times.

Real-time monitoring is also a great tool, as you may watch several parameters in real time.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if we were able to manage and apply changes to multiple websites/web applications, and search WAF logs for multiple websites, via the Incapsula dashboard.

Three to five years.

The first year we faced one or two incidents, but since then we not had any stability issues.

No issues with scalability. You need not worry about scalability. Incapsula takes care of the CDN infrastructure and bandwidth volume, providing several enterprise "load balancing" features.

Incapsula’s support personnel is very good, positive, and most of them passionate. Sometimes a second-level support might be required for more complex requests. Additionally, you may see a slight delay in replying to support tickets, but you are able to contact them via phone for critical cases and prompt response.

We were using Akamai and we switched to Incapsula mainly due to the WAF effectiveness and total cost.

Not only the initial, but also the final setup, is straightforward.

For enterprise contracts you will be in touch with a dedicated account manager who will guide you regarding licensing.

We evaluated Akamai. Akamai had a bigger CDN network and probably better performance worldwide (especially on the Chinese mainland) but their WAF is very pure and not effective at all.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it and request a free trial.