Imperva Incapsula Review

Gives us visibility into DDoS, SQL Injection and other types attacks

What is our primary use case?

The first use case was due to the need to protect DDoS attacks as well as protection for SQL injection. The existing application was no longer supported, and to prevent further attacks from occurring, WAF Imperva was applied. The rollout was very fast due to the need for DNS notes only.

How has it helped my organization?

In the old days, we experienced many problems with denial of service attacks, and identifying them was very difficult because we did not have a WAF solution. After the deployment, the solution gave us the visibility we needed.

What is most valuable?

Anti-DDoS protection, as well as other protections like SQL injection, Cross-Site Scripting, and antiscanner. These types of protection are valuable to the business due to the daily attacks on our portals, and that often cannot be seen without a tool like this.

What needs improvement?

Imperva now offers add-ons to add functionality, but I would like to see these included in the product, even if it would cost more.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Very good, although I have not had any problems so far.

No, this is the first solution I have used.

It was straightforward, very simple. I only entered the domain and Incapsula returned the DNS data that I needed to change for the protection to be configured.

I did not participate in the process of choosing the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Only configure it by enabling all protections. This is very important for preventing attacks.