Imperva Incapsula Review

A stable solution with good DDoS protection and recently improved technical support

What is most valuable?

The solution has good DDoS protection, and some good common features, such as no attack surfaces, parameter sanitization, and attack analytics.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard of the solution is complex. It is complex in the sense that there are too many options. There are two types of Incapsula dashboards. One is the on-prem version and one is cloud-based. Cloud-based is okay. The on-prem one needs some work.

The solution needs to improve Integration with third parties for their on-prem deployment models. The integration is not that good yet.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is pretty easy on the base platform. You just add another, and you're ready to go. We deal mostly with enterprise-level clients.

The company has really improved its technical support over the past year. Before that, I wouldn't rate them as very good, but they are much better now.

The difficulty of the initial setup depends on the customer. If it's a complex environment that they're processing, and/or if there's a downtime period, it may take more or less time. It depends on the number of applications that we have to integrate as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are Imperva partners, so we work with clients that use different deployment models, including on-premises and cloud.

I'd recommend to those considering implementation to look at your organization's requirements and then compare your options.

I would rate the solution 7.5 or eight out of ten.