Imperva Incapsula Review

Protects your network environment from threats and defends your infrastructure from malicious behaviors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is the protection of our environment and client environments from intrusion and malicious attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

The product improves our organization by defending infrastructures from malicious behaviors. It also allows us to provide a reliable product to our clients who need a similar solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for our organization are auditing capabilities and compliances. The product meets the needs of our business model and we can see the health of the architecture at a glance. There are some instances where a client needs to meet with compliances in their industry, and this product is capable of meeting those needs.

What needs improvement?

One thing that they really could improve on is the depth of the analytics. The company needs to think more about the risk and analytic side of the application to supply the user with more information to evaluate and use in resolving issues. It is good to be able to depend on the product to provide a reliable solution, but it is better to take steps to resolve issues overall. This means giving information to the user that will help them identify exactly what the issues are. Risk analytics need to improve and this can be done easily.

We have been using the solution for more than five years.

This is a very stable product. Our clients have never complained about downtime or issues with functionality.

The product is easily scalable. We currently work with five to six customers who are on this solution. They are organizations of mixed size from small to enterprise. There is no problem adjusting the scale up or down to meet their needs and budget.

We have not needed to have much interaction with the support teams but when we do they address the problem quickly and with a high level of accuracy. The support, in my opinion, is very good.

Deployment is always straightforward. You just follow the instructions. With our experience, the product takes very little time to install and configure.

As we are a partner and a reseller, we are familiar with the product we do the installations for clients ourselves. We rarely have any issues with the installations.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Incapsula platform as somewhere between an eight to nine. The obvious fault is the lack of better reporting. However, it is a good, functional product and we recommend it to clients who will not have to do very much to maintain the product.