Imperva Incapsula Review

A solution that's easy to implement, but doesn't offer local support

What is our primary use case?

The solution increases the amount of protection for a client's products and solutions in their country.

What is most valuable?

They're quite easy to install and quite easy to set up. Clients really like that. Especially when you're dealing with the cloud, it's really easy.

It also has the ability to integrate with other firewalls. That's really important today. Most end-users are looking for something that can integrate with other solutions and with APIs. They're looking for solutions that have an open API.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to ensure they are compliant and can show the customer in a visual way, like a ticked box, that they are protected. They need to ensure their solution is showcasing if their system is getting attacked so clients know if or when they are under attack.

Clients also often complain about the cost of the solution. They should consider adjusting their pricing models.

We would like them to hire people in Sweden because it's quite hard when people are sitting in the UK or Belgium because some of the customers really want them to be local.

In the next version, they could include more products or more solutions in this solution that you can add on. They need to build more features that they can add so they can help the customers who don't have a particular solution in hand. Most of the end-users are looking for an easy way to manage all of their solutions. Today we're selling a lot of smaller solutions, and they need to have a lot of different management solutions that we can offer to clients.

I've been selling the solution for 1.5 years.

The solution is really stable. It's good. It's a product that I can stand by and recommend because I know it's going to work for the customer.

The scalability is good, especially when you sell a solution that's in the cloud. That's easier to scale; you can just upgrade it.

We don't directly deal with technical support, but I've never heard of any problems or complaints from clients.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We deploy the solution for our client. Sometimes Imperva also assists.

The licensing depends on the client. Usually, it's yearly, but we do offer monthly financing.

The only thing I hear complaints about is that in some cases clients want to be able to scale down. They don't want to buy everything. That could be, in Sweden anyway, a big problem, because they need to buy more licenses than they will use. In some cases, some of the resellers would like if it was possible to scale down, to have smaller option. However, they don't have that.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a distributor for this product.

With the ease of implementation, I think is a good product. A lot of the other products need a lot of professional services to make it work. With this solution, it's very, very easy to implement, which is a strong selling point.

They also have a good range of products that they sell.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten. It's more than one issue that has me rating it at seven. It's quite a big solution, so it's hard to get a smaller company to buy it. They don't have people in Sweden either. That's really important for us, because it's harder for Swedish companies to be serious about the product when there's a lot of other vendors that have local people, and that's preferred by clients.