Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

The company's focus on their market sector makes them stand out from the competition

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for data security.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found the most valuable is the firewall component.

What needs improvement?

What I would like to see improved is Imperva making further development in terms of them going to the Cloud. Our business is moving to the cloud, so we want to have cloud availability as an option. Imperva can do the cloud database, but they are still working at building it out and it does not seem to me to be fully operational.

We have been using Imperva for a little bit more than six years.

We are experiencing good stability with this product. We have not had any crashes and no major problems navigating its management.

I think that SecureSphere is very scalable. Across our whole company, everyone is using it. We are 50 people. Right now at this size, we only require two people for maintenance.

The technical support for Imperva is super, super, super. They have a very experienced support team. They can diagnose all of our issues and are always very fast. They have very good documentation and knowledgebase resources that add to the depth of their support.

I have previously used McAfee as a similar solution. We decided to switch because McAfee is a little bit tricky to get to work the way it should work. I had experience with their version 6.4 solution and it used a lot of resources and had too much overhead.

The initial setup is moderately difficult. You have to understand the database and how the database communicates and also some knowledge about the platform. For example, if you have got the Unix environment you have got to understand how to work with that together with the product.

Initially, SecureSphere was expensive but they have incentives on their packages now. They have introduced new price models, which makes the product more affordable now. It is now at a pricing level in the range where most people are looking for this type of solution.

Before choosing Imperva, we did evaluate other options including IBM Guardian Data Protect and also Oracle Audit Vault. In the end, we finally made the choice to go with Imperva first of all because they are a company that is very much into digital security. Security is the central focus of their business, so that is one of their strong areas. Then their product support is one of the best. The solution is very advanced in terms of comparing their available resources and training to other companies. These resources make it a very complete solution.

What other advice do I have?

Imperva Security Sphere is something that I recommend any day, anytime because they are very much focused on security as a passion. So you find it has tons of capacity for scalability. It is focused on security. Even the solution's usability is very good.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as a nine scored out of ten possible points.

Features that I would like to see to make it to ten-out-of-ten means that they will need to add a few things. First, they need to onboard database encryption features. Then they need to add some of the other features which they do not have that other competitors already have. They can do more to offer a broader range of features and be more feature-rich.

More Imperva SecureSphere Database Security reviews from users