Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

It covers the legal obligations for Turkish banks and fulfills requirements for our clients.

Valuable Features

• Easy agent setup
  • Big data
  • SIEM tool integration

Improvements to My Organization

SecureSphere covers the legal obligations for Turkish banks. According to Turkish banking regulations, database activities (especially admins' activities) should be monitored and alerted.

Room for Improvement

Syslog size for transferring data should be increased.

Use of Solution

I used it from September 2015-May 2016.

I remember that SecureSphere stores limited data according to the number of the data structure type that is defined in the server configuration files. If a customer does not realize this, data taken with the policy that has a max data structure type is interrupted.

The vendor’s local partners, NGN Company and Bulent Daldal, were very supportive whenever my company needed their help.

I supported NGN when SecureSphere was set up. Although I only experienced this setup process once, I can now setup SecureSphere DAM and agents on my own. I mean, it was easy and feasible with guidance.

Implementation Team

A vendor team implemented it.

Other Solutions Considered

I did not evaluate other solutions, but I have heard from my clients (Deloitte clients) who have used Guardium before that SecureSphere is better.

Other Advice

SecureSphere fulfills so many requirements for our clients. Additionally, if they want to evaluate and correlate data more comprehensively, they can use this product with SIEM tools such as ArcSight or Splunk.

1 visitor found this review helpful