Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

The technology includes unique correlated attack validation. My suggestion to Imperva: Improve the UI.

Valuable Features

Web application security is pretty good. I have encountered very low false positives.

The correlated attack validation (CAV) is one of the unique aspects about the SecureSphere technology I like.

Improvements to My Organization

First of all, the product is useful for securing the websites of our company, which is basically preserving our brand value in the market.

Secondly, the product is very much competent with evolving threat vectors in cyberspace. Hence, this piece of security requires very few fine tuning efforts be put in place; everything falls right into its exact place.

Room for Improvement

The user interface is kind of a let-down. The graphics, tabs, and other various options are quite jumbled and confusing. My only complaint/suggestion: Improve the user interface.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for 18 months.

I would like to talk about the upgrade scenario (deployment). First of all, it is complicated; secondly, many manual settings need to be done when you move from one version to another. They don’t automatically get replicated into the newer version, something which I encountered only in Imperva products. The boxes should have built-in scripts to reconfigure the settings and carry out a smooth migration.

I didn’t interact much with tech support. But from what I’ve heard, it’s on par with industry standards.

Imperva from the beginning!!

Initial setup was complex, but security is not that easy to be figured out in simple clicks, so I guess it’s okay.

Implementation Team

We have resident engineers from Imperva and they are quite good at what they do.

Other Advice

Before implementing this product, get your hands dirty with the world wide web. The more you know about the internet, the more useful it is.