Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

Facilities data enrichment and process automation. It manages cluster capacity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• DAM Module
  • Third-party data source integration: Feeds automation
  • Data enrichment: Provides better data quality and session handling
  • API: Used for process automation

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our organization as follows:

• Better agent performance compared to v9.5
  • Gateways are much more stable
  • Gateway cluster improves resource utilization and provides better resiliency
  • Offers the option to manage cluster capacity without touching the agent configuration

What needs improvement?

BUGs, BUGs, BUGs. The product is under high development and the amount of bugs is bit disappointing. The product has lots of limitations which are not clearly documented. You can only find out the limitations by engaging the support

By using this product you can have only one type of date and time format which is US format. I’m EU citizen and I prefer different date format, same for time format. I would prefer 24Hour clock instead of AM/PM.

We have been used this solution for over three years.

There were stability issues in v9.5. There are no major stability issues in v10.5.

Stability is dependent on the infrastructure. If you use hypervisor, then you need to make sure to use resources and I/O settings that are optimal for SecureSphere. Otherwise, you will end up with stability and performance issues.

There are some scalability issues. There was a hardcoded limitation in the number of MXs you can connect to SOM. In addition, the bigger the infrastructure, the bigger challenge there is to create a single audit report file.

The technical support is OK. But they have big potential to do things better.

We had a previous solution. We switched because the new requirements couldn’t be accomplished with the old solution.

The installation was quite complex. We had to integrated lots of external systems in order to make it work right.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. Write down your requirements as detailed as possible, and perform a PoC using this list. If you find gaps that require additional development, it could take some time until you actually get it.

1 visitor found this review helpful