Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

Blocks external and internal attacks on protected servers in real time.

What is most valuable?

Data discovery and classification: It gives you the ability to find your sensitive data where it exists, even though you may not have known it was there.

Vulnerability assessments: This feature helps you to know the possible vulnerabilities in your protected servers.

Database firewall: This is the most important feature. It provides you with the capability to block attacks (external or internal) in real time to your protected servers.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has helped us to protect the environment against malicious activities. We have detected some security violations and have taken actions against them.

What needs improvement?

Imperva must work on more features for z/OS.

I’ve been using SecureSphere for four years.

We had some issues but they were attributed to bad administration.

Scalability is one of the most powerful features of Imperva. We have grown easily, once it was necessary.

Support is good. The Imperva engineers have excellent technical knowedge.

We made a PoC with other solutions but Imperva was the best.

The initial setup was really easy. This product has a friendly wizard and in a few simple steps, we implemented it without troubles.

The product is not cheaper, but is one of the best options. Besides, the other options have more or less the same pricing.

We evaluated IBM Guardium.

What other advice do I have?

They must take into account that this solution, like others, must be sized correctly. If they do not size the solution correctly, they might have some issues.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a premium channel of this vendor.