Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

Monitors and protects internet banking applications. Provides the option of deployment architectures.

What is most valuable?

• Flexibility
  • Provides the option of deployment architectures

How has it helped my organization?

• Easy monitoring
  • Protection of internet banking applications

I was working for Crescendo International, which is a small company in Romania. My primary role was in network solution integration. I was the only person in the country with experience of three deployments of Imperva products at two major banks.

What needs improvement?

• The upgrade procedure is not clear
  • There is no easy rollback
  • There is no possibility to select different ways for two different types of cipher suit negotiation in two arm deployments. Most of the banks now use ECDHE for PFSC.
  • No SNI support

We have been using the solution for two years.

There were many stability issues with the upgrade procedure. The technical support team didn't know how to handle them.

We encountered some stability issues.

The level of technical support is bad.

We did not use a previous solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Please be more transparent about licensing on subscriptions such as for ThreatRadar.

We evaluated F5 Networks.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend implementing it.

1 Comment
author avatarArūnas Vaitekūnas
TOP 20Real User

Completely agree re licencing & technical support, hence technical support is improving a bit ;)
What version do you use? We had big stability issues with 9.5 and a bit of 10.5, once upgraded to 11.5 we haven't encountered any big issues yet, apart from random small bugs.