Imperva logo

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review
You don’t need to run scans by logging into different databases. It is monitored through the centralized console.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature of this product is vulnerability management since you don’t need to run different scans by logging into different databases. Everything can be done and monitored through the centralized console by a few clicks and without any hassle.

Also, the report generation option on a daily/weekly/monthly basis comes in very handy to the top management.

Improvements to My Organization:

Some of the ways in which this product has helped our organization are:

• All the databases are being monitored.
  • All the compliance requirements can be taken care of through a console.
  • The daily and weekly reports are helpful in understanding the environment.

Room for Improvement:

The stability and the ease of use of this product can be improved. I believe the product can be made more flexible and stable.

Additionally, it is very unlikely for a new professional to easily use this tool to its full potential. For this purpose, I believe a few more video tutorials can be uploaded for the newer versions.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this solution for one year.

Stability Issues:

We have encountered some stability issues. There were situations when sometimes the gateway didn’t work as expected. However, thanks to active-passive mode, none of the information was lost.

Scalability Issues:

Every manager and gateway has a predefined capacity. It is very easy to scale up to that capacity. But, if that is exhausted you have to burn the midnight oil.

The technical support is good in terms of knowledge. However, the replies are not so frequent and hence can be frustrating sometimes.

Previous Solutions:

I have not used any other solution before. I have only used Imperva SecureSphere 11.0.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was straightforward. Each and every step is clearly mentioned in the manual. After the initial setup, it becomes a bit tricky.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Since this tool is far better than the competitors and manages a lot of compliance requirements, the pricing seems to be fine.

Other Solutions Considered:

We had evaluated other solutions such as McAfee DAM and IBM Guardium.

Other Advice:

You should follow both the guide and the tutorials. The tool is handy only if it is implemented properly. Implementation is a bit complicated; hence, it is advisable to create documentation alongside. It would be more beneficial to use the directory present on the Imperva site before logging for any issues.

1 visitor found this review helpful
20141564 19bc 425a ab8b b1ab8bbc1259 avatar

1 Comment

7ea993ed 2bef 4c53 a1a1 bf2399d99dfa avatar

Thank you for the review. In January 2017 we launched a new marketing effort to generate more "how to" content to help people new to compliance and Sec Ops ramp up and learn about our technology, I hope this will address the suggestions you made regarding video tutorials.
Cheryl O'Neill,
Product Marketing Director, SecureSphere Data Security , Imperva

Like (0)15 February 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Imperva SecureSphere Database Security?

Our experts can help. 209,461 professionals have used our research on 5,561 solutions.