Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

Provides us with the tools we need to defend against Botnets and DDoS attacks

What is our primary use case?

I am using Imperva in different projects for application defense.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides analytics using rules in the application. For example, it can report who most often uses certain queries.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the protection from Botnets. The DDoS attack is one of the things that it protects against.

The functionality is very useable and easy to understand. It is also easy to update if you follow the instructions.

What needs improvement?

It would be better to update the solution by using a GUI that guides me, rather than through a CLI. It would be best if it were simply updated automatically from an admin page.

Less than one year.

I think that the stability is fine, although sometimes the server is down.

It is easy to scale. I use only universal appliances and I know exactly how they work.

Three people use this solution on a single server for a few services.

We have contacted technical support a few times, and the experience was ok.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup for this solution is very easy. Just start it up, log in, and the instructions are there. It is launched from an FTP server and takes four or five hours.

We handled the implementation in-house.

It is difficult to say because it has stopped some attacks, but I have nothing to compare against when the solution was not being used. It can protect against attacks, but I cannot say how much money it has saved.

Licensing fees are on a yearly basis, and it is a good value for the money.

I was not involved in the selection of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

There are many functions in this solution that I do not use at this time.

This is a fine product, and one of the best. We needed it for DDoS protection and for Botnet protection, and all of this works fine.