Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

A stable product that provides good security through data masking

What is our primary use case?

We do not use this solution directly. Rather, we procure it for our customers and assist with the implementation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Data Masking. Most of our customers inquire about it, so it is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the firewall capabilities when it comes to additional features such as Traffic Shaping, Connection Pooling and Load Balancing. Barracuda and F5 are leading in this aspects.

Less than one year.

Once the installation is complete there are complaints here and there. Afterward, however, it is stable. Our support continues from this point, so over time, we will have a better understanding of this.

One of our customers currently has five hundred users.

The technical support is ok, and we have had good assistance from them.

The initial setup is not straightforward for a single person or IT administrator. However, when many IT administrators get together then they can resolve all of the issues.

We have consultants that assist our IT administrator with the deployment.

The length of time for deployment varies, but the last one took us approximately three months.

Many of our customers compare this solution to Oracle Audit Vault, although we are confident that Imperva satisfies all of their requirements.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to get the right people on board, and with that, there shouldn't be any problem.