Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

A scalable solution that helps to secure our web-based financial applications

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is securing banking web applications. It protects the web service of one of the big Internet banks in Iran.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped secure our Internet-based services, protecting us against DoS and other types of web-based attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features include the compliance with standards for security in web applications, and the ability to detect vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

The GUI for this solution could use some improvement.

I would like to see better support for countries in the Middle East, and other places that do not have direct access to the vendor.

Five years.

Stability is great. Immediately after we deployed it, we had a good feeling about security and performance.

The scalability of this solution is good. Compared to other products, this one is more scalable.

Currently, this solution is protecting approximately twenty thousand end-users.

We are deploying new web-based services and applications, so we expect the usage to increase.

Due to restrictions because of sanctions in Iran, we do not have support for this solution. For this reason, we have done everything ourselves. This can be challenging because sometimes we have troubles upgrading the device, or obtaining new signatures.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup and configuration for this solution were very simple and straightforward.

Deployment in our environment took approximately one week. We begin by deploying it in a test environment. After performing some tests, we moved it to the operational environment.

Two technical staff are required for deployment and maintenance, and we have about six people, in different roles, who manage this solution.

We handled the implementation and deployment ourselves.

Our ROI from the initial payment was realized in approximately two months.

This is an affordable solution. There is an annual licensing fee for upgrading the device.

After we undertook wide research and development, we found that this product is suitable for us. Two of the products that we looked at in addition to this one were FortiWeb and F5.

What other advice do I have?

Imperva is a product leader in this line, and it is very good. In fact, I have experience with other products, and I would say that this solution is best-in-class. If we had support then this solution would be perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.