Imperva Web Application Firewall Review

It is easy to deploy, manage, and expand

What is most valuable?

Its inline transferring mode is the most valuable because it is 100% transparent. When you change the IP, there is no change on the network side. If you can't and want to try to reach an IP, you can reach the server IP. There are many other advanced security features in it.

The smallest appliances of Imperva can handle the highest traffic at a customer site. For example, a smaller appliance from Imperva can provide you the same security as an F5 product.

What needs improvement?

They can provide an option to create a report, automatically import the entire report, and create rules again. In a real-life crisis, it would be helpful to be able to import a report and generate security rules from that report. I should be able to create a simple query and import the reports automatically. It can maybe also tell us the format of the report.

I have been using this solution for more than nine years.

It is very stable.

It is easy to scale up.

After nine years with Imperva, we know mostly everything about it, and we are using it very deeply. None of the support can handle us when it comes to R&D. They are able to help us with all other categories.

The initial setup is very easy. You can just plug it in, and it asks you some questions about the IP address, DNS, SSL, etc. After that, it asks you for license codes, and everything is online. It is easy to deploy. You don't have to change any network configuration.

There are some licenses that you have to buy to use some features.

Its price could be better. Price is always important because, at the end of the day, customers have a budget. If you can meet the budget, you can sell, and if you don't, you cannot sell.

What other advice do I have?

In Turkey, we mostly have on-premises deployments. There are some Azure Amazon projects, but it is mostly deployed on-premises. It is not so easy to send Incapsula solutions to Turkey.

I would recommend this solution. It is easy to manage and expand. I would rate Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall a ten out of ten.

More Imperva Web Application Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Find out what your peers are saying about Imperva, Fortinet, Amazon and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.