Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall Review

User-friendly with good performance and helps to secure digital assets

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and integration partner, and we have customers who are using this solution in on-premises deployments.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped in securing our clients' assets, which is key. It mitigates all of the availabilities of risks around web applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is web application security.

This is a user-friendly solution.

This solution has good performance ratings.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more support available for this product online. Some customers find this to be a real limitation.

The virtual processing could be improved.

Their portal is very limited and needs improvement.

We have been using this solution for close to five years.

This is a very stable solution.

The solution is very scalable, but of course, the scalability comes with a cost.

I think that technical support needs to be improved by making it more localized, or regionalized. Our support is currently coming from the US, and it is not very good. They need to take care of their global customers.

We previously used Fortinet, but this solution has better performance ratings.

I don't want to say that the initial setup is straightforward, but it is manageable. It requires a bit of technical knowledge.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I highly recommend.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from this solution is that Imperva is not a one-house solution. They create a specialized solution, and that comes with a lot of value.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.