Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall Review

A solution with great dynamic profiling, good technical support, and a straightforward setup

What is most valuable?

The dynamic profiling of websites is the solution's most valuable feature. The security is also good.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful if the solution used more intelligence in attack protection. For example, firewalls are to be dependent on the configuration, but if they could have some data science around it the solution would be even better. The profiling of the traffic, and making decisions surrounding that should be intelligence-based, instead of being based on the configuration of the firewall itself.

I've been using the solution for two to three years.

The solution is scalable, however, in terms of scalability, you're required to change the appliance, as it's not like a cloud, which is easier to scale. I would not rate it very well when it comes to scalability, because a model of license-based upgrades would be better. They could give you a bigger box to make it easier to grow if you needed to.

The solution's technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. However, when you move to more advanced configurations, you require more expertise.

What other advice do I have?

We are an integration company, so we are providing this as a solution to other customers. They're mostly enterprise-level clients.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.