Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall Review

Provides good network transparency and integrates well with other products

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Imperva is one of the products that we implement for our clients. They use it as an application firewall.

What is most valuable?

If you are using the appliance as opposed to the virtual deployment, it can stand as the network layer-two and provide real transparency. This is better than the competitors.

Imperva SecureSphere integrates well with other tools.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be better.

I have been working with Imperva SecureSphere for about four years.

Imperva solutions are the best in terms of stability.

I have not faced any trouble with scalability because you can easily upgrade the appliance.

I am regularly in contact with Imperva support and I am satisfied with them.

The initial setup is very basic and really easy to do. I wouldn't say that everybody, such as non-technical, people can do the setup and configuration. However, people with a mid-level of experience in application firewalls can do it easily.

The price of this solution is a little bit high compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that if they want a stable product with good scalability then they can choose Imperva. The price is a little bit higher than that of the competitors, which largely impacts whether customers choose Imperva. In fact, if you don't care about budget then Imperva is the only solution for an application firewall.

My only complaint is that the user interface could be better.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall reviews from users