Inflectra SpiraTest Review

There are some browser compatibility issues, but it does provides us with a detailed audit trail.

Valuable Features

Defect tracking.

Improvements to My Organization

It has created paper trail, and an audit history with detailed information on where the defect is currently from, what environment it is in, and whether it is being worked on, and if so, who by.

Room for Improvement

Some of the reporting can be limited. The test cases and test sets portion has its limitations and can be cumbersome when changes are needed to test scenarios. Also, the search for test cases can be time consuming and creating test sets from the cases can be hard if there are many Test Cases loaded. It would be nice to have a better search functionality within the Testing area.

Use of Solution

I've used it for about three and a half years.

Some of the deployments have caused issues with browsers. Also, the loading of screenshots used to work without having to save it to ones desktop. This will now give an error.

6/10 – they do get back to you sometimes with helpful information.

It was pretty straightforward. The documentation does need to be updated as it seemed it was old screenshots it was displaying at the time.

Implementation Team

This was implemented in–house.

ROI

From what I understand, this is one of the cheapest versions that offered what we needed at the time, but I believe we will be moving onto another product that will interact with our other tools.

Other Advice

This is good for defect tracking. I was not that impressed with the test case creation, but it did give good metrics of number of completion, not completed, on hold or defects.