Inflectra SpiraTest Review

Customizable Reporting Creates Reports That Make Sense To Shareholders, Testers, And Developers

What is most valuable?

The most important area in SpiraTest is the customizable reports; being able to create test reports that make sense to shareholders, testers, and developers. The ability to lay out detailed test reports made life simpler, as a test manager.

How has it helped my organization?

Thanks to SpiraTest, we were able to not only set up detailed and consistent tests, but the scheduling and assigning of tests to test team members gave us a leg up in staying on top of our current projects and gave us the guidelines for test planning.

What needs improvement?

Customizing test reports seems to be something one must have (or gain) expertise in.

I used SpiraTest for almost two years.

No stability issues.

At the time I worked with SpiraTest, there was no integration with Gemini (bug tracking and ticketing).

Anywhere Inflectra lacks, the tech support more than picks up the slack. All of my requests were handled in a timely and efficient manner. Technical support is very rarely associated with customer happiness, but I was very impressed with Inflectra’s technical support team.

SpiraTest was the only solution we used at my company. I did, however, have to provide a proof of concept where I tried various solutions. While there were many options, I found that for what SpiraTest could do and the price, it didn’t seem to be that hard of a decision. Most solutions that did what SpiraTest could do, cost significantly more, while solutions that were of comparable price or lower, didn’t have nearly the robustness offered by SpiraTest.

As someone with a fair tech background, I found the initial setup very easy. The installation guide hit it right on the head.

Understand what your team needs prior to purchasing. The Inflectra sales team was very helpful in finding out what fit our organization.

I evaluated Zephyr, QTP, and a few others I can’t recall at the moment.

What other advice do I have?

Do it!! You won’t be sorry. This is a great product for creating test cases and test suites, with great traceability and reporting.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Manager, Live Production at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

I agree!