Inflectra SpiraTest Review

Look and feel should be improved. It makes projects more organized.

What is most valuable?

1. Indent/outdent functionality, because it makes it easier to relocate the test cases under any folder (all-in-one) at the same time.
  2. Copy/paste of multiples test cases at the same time wherever you want. It helps me to save time.
  3. Copy/clone a test case based on an existent one. It helps me to save time.
  4. Export test cases from a project to another one. It helps me to save time.
  5. Sign-in only from only one browser, which is good security stuff.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes projects more organized and more likely to receive the proper reports.

What needs improvement?

In general, the look and feel and performance issues:

1. When a test case is edited, the fields to edit content are smaller. Would be nice to have options to expand them in the same view instead of opening each field in a new window. That is very incovenient.
  2. When multiple test steps are edited, some edition field(s) get locked and all changes are not saved anymore, which causes loss of time when the test case has many steps.
  3. Lack of quick response causes loss of time when test case details are edited and during test case execution.
  4. Sometimes the test cases screen disappears and automatically goes back to the "Test Set" page, which causes loss of time.
  5. Make the test cases editable during the cases execution in order to save time.
  6. Only works fine in Firefox but not in other browsers.
  7. The look and feel is old style, please make it more friendly and prettier.

For two years.

Yes, I did, very often with its performance.

Yes, I did, very often with its performance during test cases updating and execution at the same time.

To be honest, I didn't ask for help from them yet.

Yes, I did. Zephyr for JIRA and TestLink, but I must use SpiraTest. The organization that I work for has used this tool for many years.

It was a bit hard.

Folders, test cases, and test sets creation from the "Insert" menu located at the top left corner are very hard to understand, at least the first few days.

Pricing and licenses of Inflectra are lower than others, but the business companies look for more than lower prices.

I would advise checking performance and usability first.

I didn't have the chance. I think the company that I work for did it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise checking performance and usability first.

I have used it for two years. I have experienced a lot with the lack of quick response, and the look and feel should be improved.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Manager, Live Production at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

yea