Inflectra SpiraTest Review

Provides good visibility at a high level looking at where things were, but needs better integration with third party products

What is most valuable?

The features of this product most valuable to me were the test case management and the visual status, by which it was displayed.

How has it helped my organization?

Senior management cares about where we are. They don’t have time to look at a lot of data. SpiraTest provided good visibility at a high level looking at where things were.

What needs improvement?

Two areas that can stand improvement: integration with third party products and making it more intuitive.

The deciding factor to not use SpiraTest anymore was because it was cumbersome to integrate with TFS. Once it was put into place, we found out at the time, it did not support file attachments. That was huge for us because our developers relied heavily on having visual examples of bugs we found.

The other area which could stand improvement is flexibility in reports where one can actually create custom reports rather than work with canned reports.

At my prior job, we used this for 5 years.

SpiraTest was incredibly stable. Usually when there were problems, they were internal to our organization, not Inflectra.

I would rate technical support at Inflectra as an eight and a half out of 10. They are very responsive in a timely fashion.

No, this was the first test solution used at that organization.

The setup was done prior to me coming to the organization, but it was my understanding that it was not cumbersome at all.

The pricing was excellent. I would recommend the enterprise solution.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing the product, consult with all the stakeholders who may be using this solution in terms of what is not only important to you, but to them as well. If you plan on using SpiraTest as a bug tracking tool for QA, ensure that it meets your requirements in regards to integration of the tools within your organization. This may rely on what goes on in QA.