Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Review

Excellent security, good interface, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for advanced protection of the DNS system.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we were relying on a normal firewall and IPS to help us avoid attacks. However, this missed a lot of our customer's custom goals and it wasn't effective. This solution is enhancing the performance of the DNS because it uses the CPU and also it has more filtration and more control of securing the DNS.

What is most valuable?

The solution tends to have excellent performance.

The grid interface is good. You are able to see everything on it.

The security of the solution is perfect. It's very good at protecting us from attacks.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally the CPU goes up. However, this is normal for all products, so I'm not sure if it is something that can be fixed.

Occasionally the capacity is not as expected, especially when the system is under a certain type of attack.

There should be better alerts for when attacks are happening.

I'm not sure if this is already possible or not, but the solution should work to integrate with extension servers or state intelligence servers.

Users should be able to see portions of the ICS more easily. That way, we wouldn't have to rely on other systems and this solution would be more of an all-in-one option for companies like ours.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't had any issues. We haven't run into bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The scalability is not an issue as long as the organization makes the capacity assessment properly. If a company does not account for the capacity they will face issues.

The initial setup is not complex at all. In fact, it's quite straightforward. As long as the team has the information they require, they can implement it quite easily.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premise solution for our mobile operator.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.