Infobright Review

The setting up and running project was much faster than with the alternatives

What is most valuable?

The performance of ad hoc aggregation queries is superior to any RDBMS that I have used and I have used them all.

The parallel load engine (DLP) makes it the fastest load on the market that I know of (as of April 2017.)

The compression of data is also highest on the market anywhere between 10x to 50x, when comparing to raw data.

Valuable Features

• Ability to support wide and denormalized data sets
  • Small footprint
  • Fast load
  • Ad hoc query capability across denormalized tables
  • Low maintenance costs
  • No need for physical design
  • Low technology footprint
  • Capable of hosting and/or integrating with and analyzing “Big Data”
  • Social Network data
  • Huge volumes
  • Logs of different origins
  • Unstructured and semi-structured data

Short Term Benefits

• Enhanced Data Relationship Knowledge and Business Rule Design – allows identifying additional detailed BI query needs in a low-cost environment.
  • Mitigate the risk of one shot large builds that do not meet business requirements.
  • Validate schema and evolve the design.
  • Validate and vet detailed requirements and analyze queries before undertaking a costly and lengthy development process.

Long Term Benefits

• As business conditions change the Sandbox based on IEE allows quick testing and analysis of the impact of these changes.
  • The rapid design, analysis and build cycle, in a DW Discovery Mart, takes one to two weeks versus six to 12 months using traditional data warehousing techniques.
  • Low cost and rapid deployment – easy to maintain with less need for ETL programs, integration logic, and minimal data modeling.

How has it helped my organization?

See answer to the previous question.

What needs improvement?

MPP, distributed processing!!! And better integration with Hadoop.

Additionally, further joins optimization.

Since beta version in 2005.

Dealing with Infobright Inc. - very good and friendly.

I used many different databases, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, SQL Server, among others.

With most of them, ad hoc performance, ease of use, no need for physical design and tuning, ability to create extremely large and fast denormalized tables -- those are amongst the most prominent reasons.

Also, small footprint and huge savings with compression was a factor.

The setting up and running project was much faster than with the alternatives. That and relatively low cost would dramatically effect my projects and allow my clients to realize big savings, while getting BI faster to the user and monetizing the information faster, too.

Very fast and straightforward. Faster than any other product. Due to self-tuning and elimination of physical database design, I was able to start full utilization in a matter of minutes.

The price is one of the strongest points of Infobright.

As mentioned before, I used many different databases, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, SQL Server and Netezza, among others.

What other advice do I have?

Get the 30-day free trial version and try to implement part of your project or conduct a formal Proof of Concept (PoC). You will be surprised by how easy and fast the development is.