Infogix Data360 Analyze Review

Easy drag-and-drop interface and supports custom Python functions, but the performance needs to be better

What is our primary use case?

In my previous company, I was a consultant working with this product to provide solutions to our customers.

Our clients were dealing primarily with use cases in reconciliation, banking, and finance. There were use cases in hospitality as well.

What is most valuable?

This solution allows you to include your own functions that are coded in Python. This was one of the major reasons our clients chose this solution because they wanted freedom with respect to customization and functionality. If you are a data scientist then being able to code in Python is a powerful feature.

There are various tools that can help in data cleaning and transformation by just selecting the columns and selecting the required operation. But the ability to customize each tool by writing python code makes it more valuable as this means that there is no limit on the operations that can be completed using D360 Analyze

What needs improvement?

The memory processing needs to be improved because when you deal with a large amount of data, the interface tends to hang a little bit.

When the system boots up, it can take between two and five minutes, depending on the system memory (RAM). If the system is low on memory then it takes a long time to start up.

If you are not familiar with Python then this product will be a little more difficult for you.

It can take a long time to migrate from one version to the next because there are a lot of processes to deal with.

I have been using Data360 Analyze for about one year. I recently changed firms, so I have not worked with it for a few months.

This is a stable product. In fact, they have multiple versions that are released every year. One of them is a long-term, stable version that they tell all of their clients to use. This is the one that we suggest our clients use because if they are dealing in an industry like banking or telecom, then stability is more important and the support is better.

I was in a development role, on-premises, so I did not personally deal with scalability issues. My superiors would have dealt with scalability but I don't have much information.

Our clients were of mixed sizes, although the majority of them were enterprises. I was working in Hong Kong, where the majority of clients are in banking and finance. We did have smaller customers as well but they would normally use the free version of the product or just a single user license.

We would do the technical support for systems that we developed, although if it was a problem that was not solvable by me or my team then we used to connect with technical support. In cases like that, they were readily able to solve our problem.

Overall, I would say that the support is good.

On the community side, compared with other tools, the size of the community is small. For example, if you are looking for answers then it is relatively poor compared to Alteryx.

I was using Data360 Analyze with my previous company and have now switched to Alteryx. I find that the performance of Alteryx is better because when I design the same process is both solutions, Alteryx executes faster. This is because it executes everything in the underlying language, which for Alteryx is C++.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the version that you are using. Unlike other products, there is a free version that has all of the capabilities of the full version. The only limitation is that there is a two-million record maximum. When you initially install, it is a very easy set-up with a few clicks.

For the full version of the software, which is a licensed version, the difficulty depends on how skilled the installer is. You will be given a key that you have to enter after logging into their website. Combined with your host system name, it will provide a secondary license key that is then entered and used to activate the product. I have found that this process is difficult for some users and easy for others, depending on their computer literacy.

The length of time for installation is perhaps 30 to 45 minutes.

With respect to the deployment, it depended on the client. Some were using it on-premises, whereas others had a cloud-based deployment. It was normally on AWS but some companies were moving to a Microsoft stack, which meant they were using it on Azure. Really, it is a multi-cloud provider service. If you are installing it on-premises then the length of time for deployment depends on how many systems it is being installed on.

We were deploying this solution for our customers and it was carried out by three people, at the most. Each had between eight and ten years of IT experience.

The open-source version is free to use, although it has a limitation of two-million records.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is that if you are familiar with Python and are open to working with it, then you should go for this product. With the ability to add functions in Python, you have unlimited functionality. However, if you're a business user and you want every function that you can think of, directly built inside the tool, then I would recommend Alteryx instead.

The biggest lesson that I have learned while using this solution, coming from a development perspective, is that it takes time to understand. In coding, you are free to do everything that you want. You can design functions and write code. But, with these tools, you have to take care of the functionality that is provided to you. Essentially, if you want to use advanced functionality then coding yourself is the best thing to do. At the same time, if you are a business user who wants to automate spreadsheet data, then this tool is also good.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)