Infor d/EPM Review

The product is very scalable but it needs some improvements to its mobile offering.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Functionality
  • OLAP capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

It has given us the ability to not only deliver key reports and metrics, but also to make them available on a self service basis. In addition to this, it allowed us to streamline key business process such as the budget process by capturing data from departmental managers globally to build budgets and forecasts from the bottom up.

What needs improvement?

The mobile offering and dashboards need work, however this has been improved upon in more recent versions of Infor BI.

I've used it for four to five years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

None at all as the product is very scalable.

It's good.

It's good.

No previous solution was used.

It's a very straightforward setup. The vendor guides you through the design and initial setup.

Initially we used a vendor team and then switched to an in house one. The vendor team's knowledge is excellent.

It takes approximately two to three years. We achieved an 80% ROI by year two through headcount reduction and process improvements.

Circa £360k for the three phases of a global project (this included all Hardware, Licensing and consultancy costs incurred). On-going maintenance costs are £25-£30k per year.

Yes, we also looked at Oracle BI Applications and IBM Cognos TM1.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you give the relevant thought to the initial design process and use the opportunity to re-evaluate the way you report.