Infor d/EPM Review

Its simplicity in creating new OLAP cubes is a valuable feature, but there was an issue during deployment.

Valuable Features

It is used for planning and forecasting of financial statements, and I find the product very good. Its simplicity in creating new OLAP cubes and dimensions, as well as new reports is a valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

My organization used many Excel sheets for the planning and forecasting processes. The spreadsheets were consolidated by finance and controlling, but the problem was, that some end users changed formulas inside of the Excel sheets. There were many factors that could lead to false statements and, in the end, it was not known who caused the failures. Now, there is a single point of entry, and all changes are audited but the formulas are not editable by users. Complex allocations are performed by a single click after the data entry is finished.

Use of Solution

I have used it since 2010, and eventually, I moved onto doing implementations.

No, not really.

Yes we did, but it was due to a network issue and not due to the product itself.

No, but the amount of data we are processing is not that big.

Tehnical support offered by Infor is very good. I always got an answer, and it never took them more than a day to get back in contact.

No, for this purpose we used only Excel sheets before we implemented Infor BI.

Initial setup is straightforward. You only need to know which parts of the solution you need to install and on what kind of server/OS.

Implementation Team

We did an in-house implementation.

ROI

I don't know exactly, but people in charge of planning/forecasting processes can't imagine working without the tool at this moment. In Excel, it took ages to consolidate the data from 10-15 departments. Now, the planning process can have many more iterations as it could have in terms of Excel planning.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We pay 20% of the original cost as a maintenance fee but I don't know the original costs.

Other Solutions Considered

No, we are Infor Channel partner (local branch) so there was not really any intention to implement something else.

Other Advice

For planning and consolidation this is a perfect choice. You have the option to design your own logic via dimensions, cubes, rules and dimension hierarchies. And, you can lock down user input via pre-designed ad-hoc reports that are visible via thin/fat client. Power users can get access to data via an Excel add-in.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an Infor Channel partner.