Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

This is a one-stop shop with everything provided in one platform

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for cloud-to-cloud migration so our clients have all applications and data on their Oracle solutions, and we move it from there to AWS cloud and then to Salesforce. We're an implementation partner with Informatica and I'm the senior technical architect in the company.

What is most valuable?

The connectivity and their whole suite are valuable features. Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform. There's no need to test different cloud vendors and then integrate with one solution. Informatica is a one-stop shop.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I think could be improved is connectivity with the Salesforce because if you're loading a huge amount of data, whatever optimization is carried out, takes some time and it could be a little faster.

I've been using this solution for a year.

We had some very minor issues initially, but the product is stable. We haven't experienced any down time.

We've just completed the first part of the implementation. In the upcoming months we plan to carry out multiple implementations and then we might see some challenges in the scalability. I think it will be fine. I have about 35 users in my team - around 40% are developers, 30% are testers and QAs and then a few are designers, data modelers, and architects.

The way we carried out our transformation was throwing some junk value as an output and that meant we had to reach out to Informatica to see what kind of configuration changes might be required. They were pretty quick to respond and knowledgeable about the issue, and dealt with it very well.

The initial setup was very simple and took a couple of days. AWS provided everything for us.

We initially wanted to build the programming language in Python but the client's needs made us realize that Informatica was the way to go. Our initial design was something different and it was the cost that put us off going with Informatica as a first choice. If we had worked with something like Python, it could possibly have been more scalable and the cost reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If cost is not a issue then I would recommend Informatica as the tool of choice.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Informatica Cloud Data Integration reviews from users