Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic. The error information provided is not informative.

What is most valuable?

The Mapping Configuration and PowerCenter wizards are valuable. We use them to run our business logic.

How has it helped my organization?

• Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic
  • Can be accessed from a web browser or from any device with internet connectivity.
  • We need not be in the office to perform tasks
  • We use it to run jobs, even at midnight, based on the requests of the business users.

What needs improvement?

It needs lot of improvement from the admin to the development side. There are many known issues while mapping. The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center.

I have used this solution for around six months.

There used to be performance issues. Throughput is slow when we do not have the Informatica Secure Agent running on the DB instance.

It has not yet been identified.

I would give the technical support a rating of 2/5. Informatica doesn't provide on-call or technical support for AWS instances. We need to rely on responses from the forums if we raise any queries.

I have used Power Center. I switched to the Informatica Cloud (IC), as it is cheaper compared to Power Center. It gave us a chance to explore a new tool and technology.

The setup is straightforward

It is cost effective and an easily accessible tool.

What other advice do I have?

It totally depends on the business requirements and the budget. I have been working on Informatica for more than nine years, and I recommend using their products.