Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

One of the most valuable features is the mapping designer.

What is most valuable?

The Mapping Designer allows for declarative ETL development (visual scripting) that leverages a wide array of different transformations.

The designer allows for the creation of mappings to be leveraged as templates. Within the templates, parameters can be set up that serve as variables for deployment to mapping configuration tasks.

Mapping Configuration Tasks, MCTs, are specific uses of a mapping to fit a situation or set of circumstances.

How has it helped my organization?

With my firm, our use of Informatica Cloud is primarily to implement a set of financial integrations from various accounting systems into a Salesforce environment.

By leveraging Informatica Cloud Mapping Designer, we were able to create sets of reusable templates that were source agnostic. This made supporting the integration for hundreds of customers feasible with just a small team of integration specialists.

What needs improvement?

There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion.

In several browsers, such as Chrome, elements of the UI can disappear when navigating through steps in any of the integration tasks' wizards. Additionally, on data synchronization tasks, the source fields in a mapping can disappear altogether as well.

Also, the product is so new, that any points not covered in the documentation prove difficult to research online.

I have been using Informatica Cloud for two years.

There is currently no active failover for Informatica Cloud Secure Agents. This is the service used to process source information in client environments.

Therefore if a Secure Agent running a job goes down, the job will not wait or failover to another agent. It will fail as well.

We have not had any scalability issues so far.

Technical support is stellar. The time zone can prove an issue, as their support is all in Pacific Standard Time (PST).

We did not have a previous solution.

The installation and configuration of the Secure Agent is a breeze.

Jitterbit, SnapLogic, and MuleSoft were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Informatica is likely to make this their flagship product. It is a solid investment to move to this ETL now. There will continue to be a slew of new features and product improvements in the near future that may increase the cost of the license.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: OEM agreement/partnership.