Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review
We value the data replication and data sync jobs. We would like to see stable connectivity.

What is most valuable?

I particularly value data replication and data sync jobs. Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job.

I also appreciate the flexibility of the reset target option to reflect the source object structural changes to be implemented on the target database table side. This is awesome.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped the organization to always have the backup of SFDC data in-house for data warehousing purposes.

What needs improvement?

• Stable connectivity: No matter what, our business requires steady, stable, and consistent connectivity. Regardless of how many columns in an SFDC object or how many rows in an SFDC object, we must have steady connectivity.
  • Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations.

I have used this product for five years.

There are stability issues, especially when connecting to SFDC. At times, we do see connection time-out errors, though we have changed the properties in Informatica secure agent properties. We have also noticed that sometimes it does not cooperate well with SFDC read and write operations.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support can be described as average.

The client was using data loader, but as the demand increased to replicate the data and frequency of data replication, they moved on to Informatica Cloud.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. You just have to login to the server where you want to download, install, and run the Informatica secure agent

The pricing structure is good, but having to pay for extra drivers to be used in an ICS environment makes me a little nervous.

The client had already purchased this solution and it was up and running in all of their different environments

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product which allows the connection to a number of cloud based technologies such as Workday and Salesforce.