Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

Flexible licensing, good connectors, and timely upgrades and patches

What is most valuable?

Their new licensing is very flexible. With Informatica Cloud, you have plenty of items under the same umbrella, such as services, offerings, data quality, and data masking. You have also got master data management and API management. What I really like about them is that you don't need to go to Informatica and say that you need a data integration module. You would say that you need iPaaS or Informatica Cloud. They'll then try to understand your needs and give you IPUs, which are the processing units. If I purchased a hundred IPUs from Informatica as a customer, I can use 70 IPUs for data integration. I would also need data quality, so I can use 10 IPUs for data quality. I can use the remaining 20 IPUs for API management. Down the line, if I see that my initial data integration needs for the development phase are met, then out of the 70 IPUs assigned for data integration, I can use 30 IPUs for data masking. I can shuffle these numbers in any way within the Informatica Cloud umbrella for the tenure for which I have subscribed to these IPUs. I can use all services the way I want. This flexibility is what I really love about Informatica. It also has got good connectors.

What needs improvement?

The regions in which the data resides are still limited. This could be an issue in terms of the data residency laws of some of the countries. They should get more regions.

I have been using this solution for roughly three or four years, but overall, I have around 12 or 13 years of experience in data integration. It is a cloud solution, and it is managed by Informatica. We are always on its latest version.

It has been stable for us. I haven't seen any issues. They provide the upgrades and patches in a timely manner. We don't even realize that the patch has been applied.

This is not a traditional cloud like AWS and Azure, which offer virtual machines, data storage, and compute power. With Informatica cloud, this is not the offering. You need to understand the offering. They are offering a data integration service. The scalability context here would be from the services aspect. If you want to have more data integration, you can do it instantly the way you want. You will be charged if it is beyond your subscription. They also have data quality and all the data management tools.

Its initial setup is pretty straightforward and not at all time-consuming. They just offer one simple software that communicates on your local system. You have to enter the org IDs, etc. It also doesn't require a lot of hardware.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is definitely worth a try, and you will definitely benefit from it and see the value of implementing it in your organization. They are a leader in the Gartner Quadrants. The offerings that these guys are giving with the new licensing model, such as IPUs consumption, are excellent. You don't need to worry about what do you want to purchase. You just need to worry about the number of IPUs that you need to purchase. You can shuffle around all types of services under the same umbrella.

I would rate Informatica Cloud Data Integration an eight out of ten. It loses two points because of the region limitations.

Other
More Informatica Cloud Data Integration reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.