Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is two-fold:

• Reporting- If the users want to visualize into a meaningful report then they would pass on that as a requirement to the Informatica team. This goes to the Informatica team, which will then apply the business rules and validation, cleansing or whatever else is needed on top of the data set.
  • ETL-There is a lot of information that is required by multiple downsizing applications. So, if the file of information is huge, it does not fit into application integration use case so then Informatica can take a huge set of data and pass it onto several downsizing applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application. As the overall solution guidelines that we get from our solution checking, a connection to an outside cloud application cannot be a direct integration.

What is most valuable?

My most valuable features of this solution are that the DI team uses the Informatica Powercenter, which is an automized tool that Informatica provides. For quite some time, they have been using this. So, the cloud products are coming from the same school of thought, which makes it more believable that it can do whatever it is required to do. And, I think that was the primary reason for going with Informatica on Cloud The majority in terms of dating their product promptly is something that is quite apparent.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different. They could have made an IDE in such a way that you can write an integration for the cloud. If I had the flexibilty of making that decision later, that would be a great benefit to have.

In addition, another improvement could be if you develop and design your integration without being connected to the server. If you could deploy it anywhere, that would be helpful.

I think that it is the best in the category.

It is scalable.

We have our own team that helps us with support issues. I do not have any experience with the Informatica tech support team.

We also have prior experience with IBM Cast Iron.

I was not involved on the initial setup.

A product must have: quality, performance,good pricing and scalability.

We also considered MuleSoft. We reviewed MuleSoft and found it to be a competitor that has some of the features missing from Informatica. But, it is not completely a perfect competition because it is more into application integration and API management. But, I think that Informatica can aspire to do the same.

We also considered Dell Boomi Atmosphere, but we did not do much research into that particular solution.

What other advice do I have?

The amount of usage that we see in Informatica on Cloud is going to increase. And, correspondingly, the usage of the automized version of Informatica that we use is going to decrease because exchanges are going to be more towards the cloud.

I suggest that someone considering this solution should take a minimilaistic free license, and do a proper analysis of the solution.