Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

Integrates our applications on our site and cloud but the user experience is complex

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is managing different environments. We have some applications on our site and some applications on the cloud so we use Informatica to integrate everything.

What is most valuable?

When we use Informatica, we have a complete global vision of our clouds and the local application data and that is very important for us.

What needs improvement?

One area that needs to improve is the user experience because it is very complex. The trial version is very complex so it's not easy to start using the program immediately. You must study the rules first.

I have been using the program for two to three months.

The program is very stable and more complex than other solutions.

When it comes to network tests, the solution is very scalable.

The technical support is great and the team is very resourceful and helpful.

I found the initial setup rather complex and difficult. Our first project took about a month to deploy. The program is very powerful and it has many features. In order to understand everything and to know what each feature does, is rather complex. As system administrators, we used people from TCS, Tata Consultants, to help us with the deployment. We currently use two people for deployment, to create a standard blueprint, and two people for maintenance.

We did look at another solution but it is very complex. Although it is a fast solution, it doesn't have the same level of power as Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to maintain the program as it is very powerful. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the complexness.