Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

Great user interface; could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution has been in some of our smaller pilot projects.

What is most valuable?

One of the main valuable features is the user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve. We don't need to install any client machines to do this, we can access from any machine.

For the past six and a half years I also worked with PowerCenter, so I used to see the big icons and it's very easy for me to do. But with moving to Cloud there have been some challenges but it's getting better. We are able to connect to a lot of structured data, there are a lot of provisions.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task. In general, improvements could be made in mapping. When we create mapping from uploaded data, I'd like to see integrational mapping. I possibly need some extra time to grasp it all but a general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good for us. We are working as developers and we're working with the solution on a daily basis so any improvement would be good in this area.

As far as my knowledge base goes, I feel pretty good with the stability of the product.

I think technical support is awesome. Initially it feels challenging connecting with IACS, but I am able to get assistance and then apply it immediately. I feel like we're always getting good support from Informatica, even when there are technical challenges, it's one of the best things about the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a six out of 10.

Private Cloud
More Informatica Cloud Data Integration reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Azure BizTalk Services [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.