Informatica Data Quality Review

Offers great features; suitable for both technical and business users

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to improve issues of security, quality and accuracy.
We are partners of Informatica and I'm an architect.

What is most valuable?

In terms of Data Quality, the feature most valuable to me is that the solution is applicable for both technical and business users. I like that instead of using on-premises processing power, you can now use your on-cloud platform processing power to process the data and get a faster turnaround time. From a product perspective, everything is well done.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements can be made regarding the ability of the product to leverage the power of big data. It would also help if we could get the software as a services product so that we feed in the requirements and it's a more customized solution. I think that would increase the adoption by customers.

I've been using this solution for three years.

Informatica is a very stable product, I haven't had any issues with it.

It's a very scalable solution and it has all the other big data components.

We have a business partnership with Informatica and they are very responsive.

I've had a lot of experience with this solution so I don't have any issues with implementation. Perhaps someone from a different background or different circumstance, may face challenges but it is user friendly so it shouldn't be a problem. Implementation generally takes about six months depending on the dimensions required. This solution cannot be implemented in a day or a week.

The pricing of this solution is definitely at the higher end and they don't provide the option of a trial version. If you look at Talend, for example, they provide a free version, so the cost of IBM and Informatica is a little high.

What other advice do I have?

The cost of the product is high, but feature wise, it provides a whole lot of features that can easily solve your problems. I would recommend this product.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
More Informatica Data Quality reviews from users
...who compared it with Talend Data Quality
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle and others in Data Quality. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.