Informatica Data Quality Review

Delivers enterprise-strength data quality for a wide range of scenarios

What is our primary use case?

We use Data Quality for healthcare projects, and although it's not its prime purpose, we also use it to extract data. Compared to PowerCenter, it's a little easier to use — we designed the mapping ourselves. In short, we use Data Quality primarily for extraction purposes.

Within our organization, there are 10 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

Seeing the data in the mapping itself is really nice. We don't want to extract the data and just see the flat file. With Data Quality, we can see the data very easily.

What needs improvement?

When running a workload, we can only use the command mode. We were expecting Data Quality to offer the same type of workflow as PowerCenter.

Although we are very satisfied with the design of the UI, executing tasks with it can be difficult.

We have been using Informatica Data Quality for three years.

Overall, stability-wise, it's quite good; however, we think PowerCenter is more stable.

Compared to PowerCenter, Data Quality needs some improvement. When we are dealing with large amounts of data for extraction purposes, it doesn't always work out — often we experience some memory issues here and there. Scalability-wise it needs some improvement.

Although the technical support is responsive, they often take a very long time to solve our issues. They are quick to solve second and third-level requests, but when it comes to first-level requests, their solutions become very vague and general and often don't bear any fruit — otherwise, they're good.

Deployment was quite straightforward.

We have a long-term license. I can't really speak about the licensing as I don't know much about it.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. If you can afford it, then go for it. If it's out of your price range, then I would recommend considering an open-source solution.

overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Version 10.2
More Informatica Data Quality reviews from users
...who compared it with Talend Data Quality
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle and others in Data Quality. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.